The Arizona State Carpenters Pension Trust Fund Plan will merge into the Southwest Carpenters Pension Plan as of 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2021.
Administration of the Arizona Plan will transfer from Zenith Administrators to the Carpenters Southwest Administrative Corporation (CSAC).
Applying for a Pension by December 31, 2021
- Zenith Administrators will process applications received through October 1, 2021.
- CSAC will process applications received after October 1, 2021.
- Your first benefit payment from CSAC will be made on February 1, 2022, regardless of the retirement date.
- Your first payment will include benefits owed from your retirement date through February 1, 2022.
What to Expect and When
- Call us for telephone support in English or Spanish after December 9, 2021 at (800) 293-1370, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. Zenith will no longer answer calls after this date.
- Request assistance by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Arizona” in the subject line after December 9, 2021.
- Retirement Application processing takes approximately 90 days from receipt of your application and all required documents.
- Your personal information regarding pension credits and pension payments will be available online in the MemberXG portal beginning January 1, 2022. Go to carpenterssw.org to sign up.
- You will receive your monthly benefit payments in the same manner as before, without interruption.
- State tax withholdings will no longer be deducted from your benefits as of January 1, 2022.
- Each year, you must verify that you have not engaged in Prohibited Employment by providing a copy of your Federal tax filing if you are under age 65.
- Retirees over age 65 or beneficiaries receiving benefits must submit an annual notarized affidavit to confirm receipt of pension benefits.